Friday, July 19, 2013


Family!

This week was really good! I also took out of the bank 100 dollars this week. I bought a new journal (you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find one that is not graph paper), I bought a shoulder bag since we are not allowed to use a backpack anymore, and I also bought a few ties.  I think it is pretty sweet. I had to control myself so I didn't buy to many.

One cool experience we had this week happened as we were walking to the church. We were in the middle of the center of the city and a girl and her mom stated waving at us. We turned around to see if they were waving at someone behind us because we didn't think they were waving at us. Turns out they were and they called out to us to come over to them. When we walked over to them they handed us an English Book of Mormon and said "Here is your book." We were shocked because we never take English books with us and we did not know how it got onto the bench (where the mom and her daughter found it sitting). So we took it from them and I was like "Here, let me exchange you for one you can read," and I handed her a Russian book. This whole conversation was in Ukrainian by the way. They did not speak English. We said goodbye and kept walking. I turned to my companion and said "Hey, it would be really cool if we found an English speaker to give this book too." About five minutes later we ran into a man from Africa named Fredrick who said he currently did not have a church and he was looking. We gave him the English copy of the Book of Mormon and got his number. We asked all the other missionaries in the city and they said that none of them had given out an English Book of Mormon, plus where is was is far away from where all the other missionaries live. I don't know for sure, but I think that God was watching out for Fredrick and he sent one of His angels to set that Book of Mormon on that bench!

President Latin came by our area this week. He came into Chernivtsi on Thursday and we had lunch with him and then that night we had a fireside at the church for all the members. He is a lot different then our last mission president, but I think he is really great and he will help us accomplish a lot of good in the L'viv Mission.

Well, I love you all so much! I hope that all is well with you. Until next week,

Elder Hadfield

No comments:

Post a Comment