Sunday, November 18, 2012

Enjoying the great food at the MTC Cafeteria!
Hello! I am doing very well, I am so excited to email you today. So I just got back from the temple and I want to share something that happened to me on my way there. The temple is about a fifteen minute walk from where I am staying, and it was a very cold morning today. When Elder Kelley and I got to the temple he realized that he had forgotten his recommend. We had to walk all the way back to our room in the cold to get it. At first I was really bummed. But after we grabbed his recommend we were walking back to the temple and we saw an old man struggling to get out of his car. He had a walker and a bunch of things he was trying to carry. I recognized immediately that we were supposed to help this man, and that he was the reason why we needed to be delayed. We went and helped him in, and he was very thankful and told us "You guys are the best." I know that God loves that man, and that God put us in that man's way to show that man that He loves him. It may seem like something small, but the feelings of love were great!

I hope you got a chance to read Jacob 5 and 6 this week! I just want two share my feelings very briefly. I love the allegory of the olive tree and it means a lot to me. I am one of the Lords laborers in his vineyard. My fellow elders and I are striving to find the good people of the earth and to save them from the day that the vineyard shall be burned. I am so blessed to have the privilege of serving along side Jesus Christ as we find His children. This week I would ask you to read the story of Abinadi in chapters 12-17 of Mosiah, I know its rather long, but I know there is much that can be learned from it. As you read try and find similarities with Abinadi, with what happened to Jesus Christ as He shared His gospel, and with the prophet Joseph Smith. Thank you for doing that:)

Dad, how was your trip? You would be proud of me during gym time, we play knock-out a lot. Guess who wins? I do, well some of the times. It reminds me of playing knock-out with you and aunt Liz in the yard! We are having SYL days know (Speak your language). Where the whole day we speak nothing except Ukrainian. It's tough but it is helping my Ukrainian come along. Well its time for me to go. I love you! I love my Savior, and I love His gospel. I will send some pictures when I go to do laundry!

Until Next week, Love,

Elder Hadfield
Beautiful Snow Day in Provo, UT.

No comments:

Post a Comment