Saturday, November 3, 2012

My Mission District in front of the Provo Temple.
 
I am so glad I have the chance to send you an email today! I just got back from the temple and I feel so blessed to be going to a mission with a temple. Mom, I miss your enchiladas! The other day they had them here at the MTC and let me tell you it was like having McDonalds instead of Mikes. I hope you are all safe from the storm. Please let me know how bad it is because I really have no way of knowing in the MTC. Please thank Grandma for me, she sent me a very nice care package. Thanks for yours as well. Also please thank Brother and Sister Stewart for the popcorn they sent me!

Well I miss you all, its hard to be away from you. However, I know that I am doing whats right. I want you to know that I have a very firm testimony of the restored gospel. As I have really been studying the Book of Mormon I have come to feel of the power the Atonement can have in our lives. Left to my own strength I would not be able to accomplish the many things required of a missionary of Christ. I feel extremely strengthened and lifted. I hope you are keeping up with your reading and study. I have an assignment for you! Maybe during family night or something read King Benjamen's address to his people in the first four chapters of Mosiah. Then please let me know of any insights that you draw from it. I will do the same and I will share my insights next week! Sound good? Ok!

This week has been a very strong week. Elder Kelley and I had the opportunity to teach at Sunday school for our district this week. The topic was repentance. I used the poem that Dad gave me to start out my comments. I really felt the spirit. I am excited to be able to go to the Ukraine to be able to share a message of repentance so everyone there will have an opportunity to feel the power that the atonement can have in their lives. Every Tuesday night we have a devotional from a member of the quorum of the 70, or of the twelve. So far it has been all 70's, and they have done really good jobs, but we are optimistic that we might see an Apostle this Tuesday! Wouldn't that be neat? Sunday nights are movie nights. I know what you are thinking, "You aren't allowed to watch movies as a missionary." You would be right, however, we get to watch old devotionals. We watched one on Sunday that was given by Elder Holland. He talked about how as a missionary I have the same title as an apostle. That of "Elder." He said that he is an apostle with a big A, because he was ordained to be an apostle. He also said something that really hit me. He said that I am an apostle with a little a because I was set apart. For two years I get to wear the Master's name on my chest. What an honor. I am doing my best to live up to it!
 
I love all of you, and I love hearing from you. It makes me feel like I am not so far away. Be safe!

Until next week,

Elder Hadfield

No comments:

Post a Comment