Saturday, November 9, 2013

Hello Family,

On the 31 for Halloween we did also celebrate a bit. Mom and Dad sent me some great pictures of Halloweens in the past and I was able to make a really cool slide show with an English club that meets at a local library. They really enjoyed it. Basically we gave a history of Halloween and then showed two traditions we have during Halloween. 1. Dressing up, and 2. Carving pumpkins. The Library is called "Window on America," and is supported by the United States so they were very glad to have us come by. The Librarian is a very cool lady and she is taking a work trip to D.C. to visit the library of congress soon. I told her I was from D.C. and told her if she had any questions she could email my mom haha!. So the picture I attached was from that. We made paper pumpkins, and drew on them, played some other games, and had some treats. Then some of the people who came to the club found out that we speak Ukrainian, and they thought it was the greatest thing ever. That lead to a lot of other question, which is always good because people always want to know what we are doing in Ukraine! We are always very happy to answer.

I am glad that you liked my story about out trip to Ternopil! You will be excited to hear that we are going back this Sunday! It will be great. This Sunday will also be my companions last Sunday is Ukraine as he is going home next week, so I will miss that because I will go on exchanges to go to Ternopil.

This week we have been working with our awesome investigator from Iran and he is just an amazing person! It is hard to teach him out of the Book of Mormon because there is no translation of the Book of Mormon in Persian as far as we can tell (is there?), so we found the Bible for him in Persian and he has been reading that a lot. He speaks ok English, and while we are not able to read from the Book of Mormon with him we shared the story of Lehi and his family and he was like "Yes, I believe it." He found out that his father has cancer and that was really hard for him. He may be going back to Iran soon to be with his dad, so he really liked the plan of salvation when we shared it! Also we had a sports day and played soccer and he is super good!

I am not sure if I told you but in our apartment we have a bike, so that is sometimes fun to ride on at night or in the morning. I am sad to hear that the socks won the series... but on a better note, our investigator has an iPad and we asked Siri if the Lakers won (since my companion is a big fan) and we found out the lost to the Spurs, so that was cool!

I miss you all very much!

Love,

Elder Hadfield

No comments:

Post a Comment