Sunday, May 11, 2014

 

My dear Family,

Just to explain the picture:

Well, I told the lady to cut my hair short. And she did. I think it is a little too short. But I like it and my head feels good in the breeze. Side note... today it is very warm and it is the first day since last year we are just in white shirts!

Well, this week was a little crazy. It started off with a call from Elder Bodell on Tuesday morning. He said "Elder Hadfield... how fast can you be in the office?" I told him that we could be there in 30 minutes. Then I asked if everything was ok and he just told me to hurry into the office. So we did just that. When we got there we found out that church headquarters was thinking about evacuating the Dnipropetrovsk mission and sending their 83 missionaries to come live in our mission. Crazy right? Well let me paint a picture for you. In our mission right now we have 50 elders and sisters, and to be honest, it feels a little crowded missionary wise. So imagine trying to double or triple it. In the office we had to make contingency plans on Microsoft excel for transfers, housing, companionship match ups, and a lot of other things for all of the "what-ifs." It turns out that they decided not to evacuate them. At least not right now. But at least we have a plan just in case.

Also, about mothers day skyping. I am sure we can plan to do it in the morning (your time?). That should not be a problem. Just let me know what time works for you and I will work around that. Mother's day will be after transfers (the 6th of May) so I don't think I will still be in L'viv. So when I go to wherever it is that I am going then I will plan everything out so we can skype before you have to go. I am excited to see you and talk to you. I am also excited that Jessica will be there too!

Happy Easter! In Ukrainian Easter is Великдень. It is cool because the two words that make up the word are великий, which means big and день, which means day. So Easter in Ukrainian literally means "Big day." And it is a very big day. Well, what I mean to say is that the resurrection of the Savior has a very BIG meaning in each of our lives.

11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.
13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.
14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.
15 And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, to the intent ye may believe; nevertheless let us go unto him.
16 Then said Thomas, which is called Didymus, unto his fellow disciples, Let us also go, that we may die with him.
17 Then when Jesus came, he found that he had lain in the grave four days already.
18 Now Bethany was nigh unto Jerusalem, about fifteen furlongs off:
19 And many of the Jews came to Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother.
20 Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him: but Mary sat still in the house.
21 Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
22 But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.
23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

The Resurrection is Jesus Christ. He has life given Him of the Father in Himself, and He is commander over it. The Resurrection for me is the fact that all of us will rise again from the dead. But it is more than just that. It shows that Christ has power over death, sickness, and pain, even before we die. I had a great Easter here in L'viv.

I love you all. Thanks for the great pictures this week! I can't wait to skype soon.

Love,

Elder Mitchell Hadfield

No comments:

Post a Comment