Saturday, July 5, 2014

Family,

Sadly I don't have that many stories to tell you this week. We spent most of our time this week on the street talking with people trying to find God's elect. It is nice to speak with people who are open and willing to receive what God wants to give them and it is hard to see people who don't want to receive more knowledge from God. We get to see people on ever part of the spectrum.

We did not have a baptism on Saturday. Our investigator got sick, ended up in the hospital, got big blisters on his feet so it was hard for him to walk, and felt a lot of pressure from family and friends not to get baptized. However, he still wants to keep coming to church and learning about the gospel. Hopefully he will still get baptized sometime in the future.

Brother Zhuck gave me a letter to translate to give to you, I put it in my journal. Here is what it said:

Dear Parents of Elder Hadfield,

I wanted to say thank you for the way you raised your son. He is a great man. We have become really good friends and he has really helped me though this hard time with the passing of my wife Nadia. When he is around I feel peace and I feel calm. I love him. I know God has a plan for each one of us.

Love,

Brother Mikola Zhuck

He is a very sweet man. I have been blessed on many occasions by his Christlike example. Brother Zhuck is a person who understands life. He gets why we are here. He loves the Savior and His atonement. He is kind to everyone. I love him.

In a talk in the last general conference "Live True to the Faith," by Elder William R. Walker Of the Seventy, he says"The more connected we feel to our righteous forefathers, the more likely we are to make wise and righteous choices. And so it is. Each of us will be greatly blessed if we know the stories of faith and sacrifice that led our forefathers to join the Lord’s Church."

As I read his talk I just got stuck on that quote. I guess I never really thought about it before, but I don't have a clue how any of my ancestors came to join the church. The only one I kind of know is Grandpa Schmidt, but I don't really even know that whole story. It all of the sudden became interesting to me, because of the quote I read in the Liahona. Knowing about my righteous heritage will bless me and help me be true to the faith and help me make wise choices. So if you know about how our ancestors came to join the church of God, I would really love to know about it. Or maybe Grandpa Hadfield and Schmidt know. I would love to know the stories of our ancestors so I can be blessed by their good examples.

Thanks for your emails. Thanks for your love and support. I am doing well and being taken care of.

Love,

Elder Hadfield

No comments:

Post a Comment